The Department is a fully functional unit with daily outpatients, inpatients and 24-hour emergency work. Fully trained experienced Senior Consultant Physicians and Junior doctors manage our daily work.
Internal Medicine is a branch of medicine that treats and diagnoses adults suffering from several health concerns and diseases. Professionals who specialize in internal medicine are called internists or general internists.
The Internal Medicine department at Tagore Hospital forms the backbone of this prestigious institute and thus integrate the various subspecialties of Internal Medicine. At Tagore Hospital our physicians are providing not only therapeutic but also preventive care and lifestyle modification counselling.
Our physicians expertise in prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of common disorders like diabetes, hypertension, bronchial asthma, hepatitis, allergy, infections & communicable diseases like malaria, typhoid, influenza, dengue etc.
Offers at the Department:
The physicians make the initial assessment and management of all non surgical problems admitted to the hospital. Appropriate referrals to super-specialists are made when needed.
Critical care Internal Medicine:
In conjunction with a well equipped critical care facility, sophisticated lab our Department physicians are actively involved in the day to day management of internal medical problems in our Medical ICU. We cover a wide spectrum of medical emergencies with a focus on toxicology, complicated septicemias, hepatic disorders and haematopathies.
Lifestyle Rehabilitation Clinics:
Diseases that lead to accelerated atherogenesis are dealt with here. Patients are assessed by the physicians for standard risk factors – Obesity, Addictions, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipedeminas and appropriate therapeutic and preventive measures are undertaken.
Internal Medicine specialists are trained to offer the following-
- Expert in disorders that affect any of the body’s systems.
- Provide care for mental health disorders including anxiety and depression that occur due to abnormal activities in the brain, hormonal imbalances, or chronic disease.
- Life-long comprehensive care and palliative care.
- Guidance, counseling, and preventive interventions to better overall health.
- Precise diagnosis and treatment for various symptoms and diseases.
Internal Medicine specialties
Internal Medicine experts gather experience working in the following areas they are-
- Infectious diseases
- Pulmonary diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Critical care medicine
- Sleep medicine
- Non-surgical orthopedics
- Palliative medicine
- Rehabilitation medicine
Internal Medicine subspecialties include-
- Allergy and Immunology (immune system)
- Nephrology (kidneys)
- Interventional Cardiology (heart health)
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Critical Care Medicine (patients with organ system failures)
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology (heart rhythm)
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism (diabetes and other glandular and metabolic disorders)
- Cardiovascular Disease (heart and vascular system)
- Gastroenterology (gastrointestinal system, liver, and gallbladder)
- Hematology (blood)
- Transplant Hepatology (liver)
- Infectious Disease (bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections)